All Day, September 3rd 2020
Century Hall, 1st Floor, Shanghai International Convention Center
(No. 2727, Binjiang Avenue, Pudong)
According to statistics from the China Urban Rail Transit Association, as of December 31st 2019, a total of 40 cities on China’s mainland are now operating over 6,730 kilometers of mass transit rail track.
With the increasing number of cities with rail transit networks, the rapid expansion of lines under operation, and the continuous increase in passenger traffic, the intensity of urban rail transit operations has increased, and operational safety issues are of increasing concern. The Ministry of Transport notice on “Management & Control Measures for Seamless Problem-Solving & Governance” pointed out that operations face risks from facility monitoring and maintenance, equipment operation and maintenance, train conduction and control, passenger traffic management, and overall operating environment.
The activities of this technical forum will be divided under two themes: Rail Transit Network Overhaul (technology, tracks and vehicles) and Renovation of Existing Rail Transit Lines (signal systems and station renovation). We invite representatives from national rail transit operators, design institute, research institutes and equipment suppliers to gather together to discuss the development trends of rail transportation operation and maintenance in China in the future.
Scientific Research Institute of the Chinese Ministry of Transport
Shanghai Shentong Metro Group Co., Ltd.
Shanghai Metro Maintenance and Guarantee Co., Ltd.
School of Urban Rail Transit, Shanghai University of Engineering Science
Event Managed by:
Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd.
1、Challenges faced in the overhaul of rail transit lines in the “network era”
- Research on switching from a fixed repair mechanism based on preventive maintenance to a state-based repair mechanism based on reliability;
- Discussion on rail vehicle overhaul, and operation & maintenance cost control;
- Key technical & operational pointers in urban railway line overhaul;
- Discussion on best practice of vehicle body maintenance services;
- Exploring the differences in transit network overhaul project durations;
- Intelligent & standardized vehicle equipment operation & maintenance direction;
2、Non-closure operating best practice in the transformation of existing rail transit lines
- Non-closure transformation of Shanghai Rail Transit Line 2 & Line 5;
- Renovation of the existing cable signal of the Beijing Batong Line;
- Incorporating 5G into the transformation of smart O&M lines;
- Open as usual in undertaking the renovation of Shenzhen Metro;
- Renovating Guangzhou Metro while keeping normal transit services running;
- Fully automated driverless systems in transforming existing subway lines;
- Renewal and transformation of rail transit systems under non-stop operating conditions on existing lines;